Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Welcome to Central Florida

"Listen" to this crazy story.

This weekend I went to visit my parents. Being the doting grandparents they are- they fed my dog Bunkie lots and lots of people treats causing her to have an upset stomach.

Driving back home I notice Bunkie doing the "I'm going to shit right now" dance in my backseat. I quickly pulled off the road and into the parking lot of a funeral home (that was closed). I immediately took her to the very corner of the funeral home lawn. I purposely took her where I I thought no one would be walking. When she was done dropping her disaster I went back to my car.

At that time a big truck with a trailer that says "Lawn Maintenance" comes roaring up behind me.

Redneck Jerkface: "I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO CLEAN THAT UP SO I DON'T STEP IN IT WHEN I MOW THIS LAWN TOMORROW!"

Me (stunned): "I'm sorry. I don't have any plastic bags- do you have one and I'll pick it up?"

Redneck Jerkface: "ROAR ROAR GRUMBLE GRUMBLE."

Me (still stunned): "I'm sorry, I am not from here and she was going to poop in my car what else was I supposed to do?"

Then he drove off as fast as he could just to turn around and go back home.

It bothered me the whole 2 hour drive back. Here are my thoughts:

  • I always pick up my dog's poo but I honestly didn't have anything to pick it up with and even if I did was I supposed to drive the next 2 hours with the smell of poo in my car?
  • He would have done the same thing if he were me.
  • Why did he have to be so damn rude?
  • It was going to rain any minute anyway- it would have been washed away anyway.
  • Was he just lurking around the corner waiting to yell at me?
  • I wish I were a bitch and just yelled right back at him.
  • I am going to bring Bunkie to poop here every single time I go home.
  • If he saw where she pooped couldn't he have just avoided that spot?
  • He is a very angry person- I feel sorry for his children.
Here is a diagram to show how considerate I was in picking her poo spot. I made sure her disaster wouldn't be in the way of anyone that might be at the funeral home the next day.


What would you have done? Was I in the wrong?

side note- I totally expected him to come flying up beside me and chuck poo at my car. I kept looking in my rear view. I've lived in Central FL long enough to know the ways of the Redneck.

No comments: