Tuesday, March 10, 2009

KOL

I just bought a fantastic CD-Only By the Night by Kings of Leon. It hasn’t left my car CD player or my ipod playlist yet.

Now I know this album has received a lot of flak from its fans – stating that they have lost what they use to stand for. All I have to say is - get over it. The CD is great. Great music leads to getting played on the radio more which means more fans and more money for the artists. I think it says a lot about an artist when they can change up their style and it still sounds good. That is why I love John Legend so much- none of his albums sound the same.

I know what it’s like when you feel like the band you love is the best kept secret and you get upset when their song comes out on the radio and all of the sudden everyone loves YOUR band too. But calling a band a “sell out” because they produce something more mainstream is just obnoxious.

Sorry… back to the point. The CD is great. Buy it. Share it. Sing it. Love it.

No comments: