Monday, February 16, 2009

My first Valentine

Valentine’s Day rewind… Valentine’s Day 1987- I was in 1st grade. That morning a student delivered a Valentine’s Day bag to my teacher Mrs. Dumas (insert jokes here) where it sat on her desk all day long.

It was a red bag with white hearts on it and sticking out of the bag were two white bears holding a big red heart along with carnations and baby’s breath flowers. I eyeballed that bag all day long. Right before the day was over Mrs. Dumas finally read the card attached to the bag and realized it was for me (I think she thought it was for her the whole time)!

The gift was from my mom. (awwww) And to this day no one ever has – nor ever will- top that Valentine’s Day gift. It was the best Valentine’s Day ever.

(Coming in 2nd place- my 1st Valentine’s Day with Mr. Valentine himself)








No comments: